Expert Panel of Doctors to Discuss Clinical Data on Safety and Efficacy of Medical Foods in Pain Management and Sleep Disorders
Los Angeles, June 19, 2012 – Physician Therapeutics, Inc., a division of Targeted Medical Pharma, Inc., will host a live webcast and conference call titled “Medical Foods in Clinical Practice,” to be held on Friday, June 29, starting at noon PST.
Media, physicians, clinicians and other medical industry personnel interested in the safety and efficacy of medical foods in pain management and sleep disorders can register for the free, 60-minute online panel discussion and Q&A by clicking here or visiting http://bit.ly/MedicalFoodsinClinicalPractice. A conference call also has been established to listen to the webcast by calling 877-941-0844.
- Clinical data from trials of medical foods that demonstrated improvement in chronic lower back pain (Theramine®) as well as improved sleep latency and improved nighttime parasympathetic nervous system activity (Sentra PM®)
- Utilizing Theramine to reduce the amount of opiate pain killers prescribed
- Reducing CRP (C-reactive protein) and IL-6 (Interleukin 6) inflammation and disease
- Improving diabetic neuropathy
- Using medical foods as effective sleep medications in place of hypnotic sleep aids
- William Shell, M.D., board certified cardiologist, CEO, Targeted Medical Pharma (moderator)
- David S. Silver, M.D., board certified rheumatologist, executive VP of medical and scientific affairs, Targeted Medical Pharma
- Jodi L. Berg, ND, leading naturopathic doctor in Washington State
- Gabriel J. Halperin, DPM, top podiatrist in Los Angeles, California
About Targeted Medical Pharma, Inc.
Physician Therapeutics is a division of Targeted Medical Pharma, Inc., a specialty pharmaceutical company that develops and commercializes prescription medical foods to physicians, pharmacies and skilled nursing facilities for the treatment of chronic disease including pain syndromes, obesity, and sleep and cognitive disorders. Based in Los Angeles, the company’s proprietary pharmaceutical therapeutic systems are sold in the United States and Japan. The company manufactures nine proprietary medical food products, as well as 49 convenience packed kits, which pair a medical food and branded or generic pharmaceutical. These prescription medical food products and therapeutic systems represent a novel approach to the management of certain disease states, focusing on safety and efficacy without the deleterious side effects of traditional, high dose prescription drugs.